The Validation Engineer validates fixes to production issues and ensures a good quality delivery to customer. He/she also takes care of document validation result test cases for communication to customer and provides inputs to the team for internal products improvements.
Welcome Real Time is part of the Collinson Group, a global leader in shaping and influencing customer behaviour to drive revenue and add value for our clients. Through our range of proven and innovative banking and payment based solutions, Welcome Real Time helps organisations run real-time loyalty and marketing programmes leading to improved customer satisfaction, retention and profitability.
Purpose of the job
The Validation Engineer validates fixes to production issues and ensures a good quality delivery to customer.
He/she also takes care of document validation result test cases for communication to customer and provides inputs to the team for internal products improvements.
- Consult with team for understanding the nature of defect, scope of fix and recovery.
- Consult with team for preparing brief, clear validation test cases and results to demonstrate validity of a fix.
- Perform validation of production bug fixes, (functional and regression) to ensure defect is fixed and there are no regressions.
- Prepare brief and clear test results report for external communication.
- Communicate with team to ensure that validation /reworks are completed in time.
- Perform validation support when assigned to projects during or near the go-live stage.
- Advise team on functional aspects of project/solution during incident investigation.
- Automate the Product functionalities to complete the regression faster.
- Thorough understanding of SDLC Methodologies. E.g. Waterfall and Agile-SCRUM etc.
- Work experience in Load and Performance Testing.
- Should have strong knowledge in SOAP and JSON Webservice testing.
- Strong experience in Test Deliverables preparation. E.g. Test Reports, Test Plan, Test Cases etc.
- Person should be an effective communicator and a good team player.
- Experience in PLSQL queries, Linux and Windows environment.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- Should have strong knowledge in Automation framework.
- Automation tools like, Selenium-Cucumber, Ruby, Webdriver and any other Open source tool
- Working experience in Jmeter and Jmeter scripts
- Minimum 5 yrs of hands on SW validation (testing) experience.
- Experience in Web application, End to End systems testing.
- Experience in Manual and Automated testing.
- Experience in Online Transaction Processing system testing.
- Good at written and oral communication in English.
Not required but desirable experience
- Experience in payment industry, POS and Smart Card environment
- Java and Oracle technologies knowledge
- CMMI, Auditing experience is a plus
- Degree in Computer Science or Electronics Engineering
- Customer focused, autonomous and pays attention to details.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high pressure environment